Friday, March 12, 2010









The architects I drew upon were Herzon and de Meuron, for their sculptural approach to architecture as well as their exploration with materials. My chapel is extremely sculptural, expressing my desire to make the space unique, memorable, and extremely spiritual. My beloved detail and zen vista are both located in the side chapel, which looks out over the ocean. Expressive light occurs throughout the space, but is most impactful at the north (front) and west part of the main chapel. If I were to continue to work on the design, I would probably explore further the experience of being a person inside the chapel, as well as explore materials (like glass and possibly other sculptural materials that manipulate light in interesting ways).

No comments:

Post a Comment